Monday 9 May 2016

Summer Makeup Look

At last, our April showers are over and May has graced us with a pleasant and very much welcome, warm summer (at least in Britain it has). I for one, thought the gloom and grey that we've witnessed all year was going to last an eternity and can only pray that it will hang around for a bit as Summer is by far my favourite season.

And along with this warmer weather comes a change up in my makeup look. Long gone are the warm berry tones and deep reds of Winter, and instead I am replacing these with neutral bronzes and bright pastel colours to welcome the Summer.

I tend to suffer with quite bad skin, (which is ok i'm only 19 so my body is still changing and hopefully it will reach a happy place soon!) so I am always looking for a high coverage makeup look, but without wanting to cake my face, because we all know that it will just melt off anyway! So these products below are ones that have worked really well for me and so maybe you'll try them out and love them too!



Firstly I use the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. I always use a primer anyway no matter the weather or season anyway because I find it so much easier to apply my base makeup, but this one is one of my faves. It comes out in a clear, gel like consistency, applying smoothly over the face to create a smooth base for your makeup.


The foundation i've been loving in this weather is the Mac Pro Longwear. I wear mine in the shade NW15 because I don't tan all that well, but when I do I can always bronze up my face to make the shade suit me. It also has SPF 10 in it, so although not high sun protection, it is there. The medium coverage it gives is perfect and doesn't feel at all heavy on the skin.



I opt for two different concealers on my face, one to brighten and one to cover any blemishes. Firstly the Maybelline Anti-age Eraser Eye. (which has been well and truly loved and is running dangerously low) It perfectly brightens the dark circles under my eyes from late night Netflix binging and is so easy to blend out. And then I use the Seventeen Stay Time concealer. This is a fairly new purchase for me, however the coverage is so good and I can't find any faults in it!

I don't wear a powder in this warmer weather as I prefer my makeup to look dewy on my face, but I do use bronzer and blush. I bronze/light contour using my Maybelline Master Sculpt. I use the medium/dark one because I don't want it to be too subtle and love the colour of it. It also comes with a highlight, however I tend not to use it very much, although it is still really good. And then for blush I use one by sleek in the shade Rose Gold, which looks identical to Nars Orgasm, except it's a fraction of the price! it also has a lovely shimmer to it which gives a lovely glow to your cheeks in the sun. And then on top of my already glowing cheeks, I use the Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Lightscapade. This is my all time favourite highlighter giving the most gorgeous glow to the tops of your cheek bones.


Most of the makeup palettes I own consist of mainly dark colours as I am yet to update myself yet, but I've been loving the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette this time of year for their mix of rose and copper shimmer/matte shades. The colours blend so easily and look gorgeous with this makeup look. And on my actual eyelashes I use the Benefit Roller Lash, which to be honest, I use every single day anyway. This is by far my favourite mascara ever and is totally worth the price so if you don't have it already I would seriously consider purchasing it.


I finish of my look with a Mac lipstick in Peach Blossom which is a cremesheen finish. Such a lovely peach shade with a slight shimmer finish with is very simple but effective. But the overall look is finished with my Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray, and it does exactly what it says on the bottle, it really does hold your makeup in place all day. It also completes my dewy makeup look and stops my makeup from melting off so its a win win!





So yeah, if you were every wandering what products I'm wearing on my face over the next couple of months it is more than likely this combination!

Lucie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment