Monday 27 June 2016

Donating My Hair!

I've been uhming and ahhing about cutting my hair for a while now because before i just couldn't bring myself to doing such a drastic change. However, a couple of months ago I watched a video by 'Fabulous Hannah' on youtube about how she did the same thing and it was the final push i needed to go ahead with it and donate my hair to the Little Princess Trust.

Before


The Little Princess trust is a great charity where they use donated hair to create wigs for little boys and girls who have lost their hair due to cancer treatment. The charity is fairly well known as they have had celebrities such as Jessie J and Harry Styles donate their hair to them.





As most girls will agree with me, my hair feels like part of who i am. It's been something to hide behind for years and you just become so used to it and how it works for you. Basically it's a security blanket. Especially with dance, it's so nice to know that you can do whatever with it and not have to worry. However i've been without change for so long and figured that i might as well kill two birds with one stone. Make a change and also get some good from it.

After
My hair was long enough that it went past my bra strap and has been kept in a relatively good condition. Slight natural wave to it but nothing too drastic. In all i probably had about 9 or 10 inches to donate, which feels like a scary amount, but it's so reassuring to know that it is going to a good cause and that you are going to contribute to making a young childs day. The hairdresser literally tied it into a low ponytail, and then secured the end of it so that once it was cut it would stay together, and in a relatively swift movement, she cut it all of. I mean to be honest, i had definitely worked myself up about it in my head when in reality, it was actually nothing and it feels so good! After it was cut we shaped it and fixed it to a style that suited me and within probably 40 minutes, the whole process was over!




Honestly though, i'm so in love with it now and i would have never walked in to a hairdressers with that idea normally so i'm so glad i tried something knew and got over the fear of letting go.







To be eligible to donate your hair to the Little Princess Trust you have to:
  • Have at least 7 inches to donate so that it can be mixed with hair similar to create 1 wig.
  • Be a natural colour, whether this is dyed or un dyed.
  • Be in good condition, if we don't want to have split ends, neither does a little boy or girl.

If you feel like you might want to get involved or help the charity, check out their website below so find out how you can help.




No comments:

Post a Comment