Saturday 6 August 2016

July Favourites

Ok firstly, where on earth did July go?! This year is flying past us and I am not entirely sure i'm ok with it. Although I was very much a fan of the hot weather we were gifted with, sadly it was not meant to last. However, that does mean we are getting closer to the Autumn and Winter months and means we can dig out or favourite thick, cosy jumper and super cute matching hat and scarves combo!

But not to get to far ahead of myself, I should reflect back on some of the products and items I was loving throughout the month of July, including a mixture of beauty, hair and miscellaneous objects.

Firstly, this summer weather meant the return of my fave summer lipsticks. One favourite in particular of mine is my Mac lipstick in the shade 'Morange'. This is an amplified finish lipstick in the most gorgeous orange/coral shade which is totally appropriate to wear in the summer. Perfect for bringing a pop of colour to my makeup look when i'm not overly adventures with my eyeshadows.

Continuing on in terms of makeup is my Morphe 35K eye shadow palette. Filled with a combination of matte and shimmer tones in colours of brown and blue this was a no brainer for me. This has been my absolute go to palette recently because the colours are so super pigmented, and they're not too scary for creating beautiful bronzed makeup looks for those summer nights.

I currently have to hair faves that i've reached for plenty of times throughout July for giving my hair both volume and texture. Firstly is the Rio tropical scented Colab dry shampoo. I love this for adding a bit more volume to my hair and making it not so flat on the top of my head. Also, it doesn't leave white marks in your hair like most dry shampoos tend to do. The other hair product is the Got2be beach matt mermaid look texturing salt spray. For those days where my hair just feels a bit limp on my shoulders it's great at adding a bit more texture and general oomph.

I've also had a recent skincare favourite that is sort of a rediscovery to be honest. It's actually been the Soap and Glory 'Peaches and Clean' cleanser. I used this religiously in the summer last year before discovering the Garnier Miceller cleansing water. But I ran out of that at the end of June and so looking for something new to take my makeup off with I rediscovered this product. I love it so much! The smell firstly is heavenly and it always leaves my skin feeling so soft afterwards. So 10/10 recommend.

One rather miscellaneous object i've loved and have been burning throughout July is my Yankee candle in the scent garden sweet pea. Now i'm not entirely sure why, but this smells sort of like watermelon to me? Which is probably why i've been loving it because firstly who doesn't love the smell of watermelon? But also, they're great snacks for the summer! Although I definitely wouldn't recommend trying to take a bite out of this candle....



That pretty much sums up my months favourites for this month! Hopefully the weather will warm up again throughout August so hopefully they'll be a couple more summer time favourites in my next monthly faves blogpost!



2 comments:

  1. I love my Soap & Glory cleanser for a second cleanse- the scent is heavenly! The eye shadow palette also looks to die for! A lovely post! Lydia Eve | www.lydia-eve.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's so good! And it is honestly! Thank you so much!xx

      Delete